28.3.13

WORKSHOP OF LAST WEEK

in the fold

On Sunday I spent a very happy few hours learning some basic bookbinding techniques in a workshop run by the lovely ladies of Paperla. Michelle took our small group through the intricacies of Japanese Stab, Hemp and Tortoiseshell stitch before trying to convince me I could make some origami pieces to embellish my books.

The books I loved doing, the origami I was a total fail and ended up in a fit of giggles. I can't tell you how much easier it is to learn these things if someone is there to teach you how. I'll need a bit more origami practice I admit.

Pretty sure I know what a few people are getting for Christmas this year...did is say Christmas?
You can find out more about Paperlab here. RAMONA

2 comments:

PaperLou said...

We are so happy you enjoyed the class Ramona!! thank you for your lovely write up and we hope to share more papery goodness and crafty goodtimes with you soon :) Love the Paperlab.co girls x

Sandra Eterovic said...

Your books look beautiful -- lucky recipients.
I have done two bookbinding courses but have forgotten EVERYTHING unfortunately.
Use it or lose it.