10.5.10

PRESENT OF THE WEEK

I wanted to make my friend Sunday (who has just turned 3) something soft and pretty. I picked out this lovely Maisie doll from the More Softies book. She was designed by Kate Henderson and looked nice and simple and very safe for an investigative toddler. I bought a metre each of these two beautiful Moda fabrics that are on sale now at the soon to be closed online store Belsize Square.
I spent a very happy hour or so making up what I think is a very sweet present for a little person. It makes a big difference when you splash out on nice fabric for even the smallest projects. These two metres will go far (I'll show you the other projects later in the week)
I might add most of the hour was spent embroidering the face so that it didn't look evil - surprisingly difficult. Now she just looks cross-eyed as do I after all that stitching!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love those fabrics! I like her eyes, they are kind of twinkling!

librarygirl said...

just gorgeous - love them!