28.12.09

HARVEST OF THE WEEK REDUX


Phew! Can you believe it's all over for another year? We are winding down from Christmas and spending some time with family and friends. Just wanted to share with you a follow-on from Beck's post about her lovely apricots (fabulous jam by the way). I was lucky enough to get a bowlful. Before everyone scarfed them all, I managed to convert some of these plump beauties into some excellent chutney. Some of which found its way back to Beck along with lemon curd and vanilla sugar. Needless to say the house smelled wonderful and the chutney goes brilliantly with ham on toast (or cheese for you vegetarians, avocado for you vegans) and a cup of tea of course...

1 comment:

Beck said...

apologies for the drop off in posts during the final run up to christmas... really this year was complete madness, dont think it means I forgot or that I wasn't wishing you all a brilliant christmas... just that I didn't have time to sleep let alone post... Oh and as for ms. barry's prowess on the pickle front - I can definately vouch for the chutney's deliciousness, MOST PLEASING on crusty bread with some seriously bitey cheddar. YUM.