13.8.12

RADIO OF THE WEEK


Is it that time already? Yup, the ladies of HML are on the radio this morning to talk up the Craft Cubed Festival with the lovely ladies of the Grapevine on RRR102.7 at around 10.15 am. We'll be chatting about what the festival highlight are for us and the can't miss shows of August.

Eddy Carroll
I love the soft sculptures by artist Eddy Carroll, her show at Handheld Gallery last year was one of my favourites. I'm excited to see her work in the tres chic fashion house Dagmar Rousset on Gertrude Street.


We were disappointed that we missed the opening of Needlework Needleplay last Friday. Film Festival and little kids kept us away I'm afraid but we are rushing off to the Brunswick Street Gallery this week to see this amazing group show of contemporary embroidery art.



We gave you a heads up last week about the amazing collaboration based show How The Light Gets In instigated by jeweller Emma Grace at Egetal - still on people and still great! But only until the 18th so chop chop.


And I'll only stop flapping on about David Neale's incredible jewellery when I'm sure my beloved has finally got the message with regard to my birthday next month. So yes we'll be talking about is show Love Letters at Pieces of Eight too. There is so much on at the moment it's a little crazy but how wonderful in the depths of a Melbourne winter to be surrounded by all this craft colour and movement! we approve! RAMONA

Craft Cubed runs until September 1st (spring! yay!)  and you can find out what's on and where HERE

No comments: