12.4.10

LITTLE GIFT OF THE WEEK

Ok so I griped about this book last week ( I think my phrase was 'beanie babies of craft'). But I have to admit I'm warming to it. I have a friend deep in Ph.D. land - she's been lost to us for a couple of years now and it's her birthday on Saturday so I wanted to send her a card.


She's not big on presents but she does like the odd little soft thing so I thought this felty panda would easily slip into an envelope. I've sewn a little brooch back in case she wants to wear it. I also used a pink ribbon to hide some uneven stitches and dispensed with the bamboo leaves that were in the instructions.


I also added black dots for eyes as the spaced out panda was too weird for me. Took me about half an hour in front of the tv with a crazy 17 month old zooming around underfoot (the dining table being his fort now). Just in time to take it to the post box.


PS you'll have to forgive the groovy Hipstamatic photos. This app is like an addiction, one I plan on indulging in for at least week before moving on! Ramona

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is lovely.

judi said...

poor little Panda has a thyroid condition....or a speed addiction...
funny how two little dots can make all the difference...