10.11.09

CRAFT FIND OF THE WEEK

get a gander at these


Well, while the trip up North might have proved a logistical nightmare on the technology front it did provide some spectacular op shopping moments, not the least of which was when I found this 1950's set of stackable geese measuring cups for (wait for it) $1!!! People I gasped, how could everyone else have missed these beauties? Obviously they instantly went to the top of the pile of seventies bed linen, multiple and dubious crafting 'how to' books and old embroidered bits and bobs. Maxwell of course also fell instantly in love with them and has taken them to the bath every night since.


Hopefully though he'll tire of them quickly and they can sit all stacked up together on the kitchen windowsill sometime soon. After all they set of the Nigella bread bin brilliantly.

5 comments:

pen said...

noice

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

bloody good bargain!!! $1- I would have paid $10!!

Gemma Flack said...

Ahhh we used to have a set of these when I was little! I hope my mum still has them lurking somewhere in her cupboards! They are so lovely.

Beck said...

I know I know... i'm pulling the plug (literally) on Maxwell's bathroom antics, these geese are MINE!!!

Helen said...

I can't begin to describe my love for these cups!!! So fantastic.