31.7.08

GIFTS OF THE WEEK

Christmas in July...
Ok now the ladies of hml know that this seems insane but think about it people: one baby due any minute now, the other one due in early November, Christmas ranges to design, manufacture, promote and ship to stockists, a dwindling bank account due to child related expenses (you want how much for that pram/cot/bunny rug????), absolutely no spare time (with newborns we are more likely to be found in our pyjamas thanking foxtel for keeping our sanity intact than at the workbench) and then there's about 30 people (each) to get presents for - which even at a measly budget of $20 a gift...you do the math. So yes we have started making the christmas presents now..

Ramona has gone insane with leaf/potato/cork/apple printing. Above are a swish set of napkins for friends with a tres chic art deco house. Below is a set of pillow cases for a superstylin' couple who are overdue for a new housewarming present (J & A I hope you like them!)
As long as you have 100% natural fibres, sturdy leaves and fabric medium you can't go wrong...
It's not exactly Tricia Guild but they are made with love and Seasons Greetings! Only 147 days til Xmas peeps. Ya better make your lists and get busy.

3 comments:

Georgie Love said...

I envy your organisation! I have thought about Xmas gifts, but fortunately we have less than 10 that we buy for, so I am really hoping for miracles of inspiration by then!

and It's only about 14 weeks until early November. I am waiting for my heart to stop trying to beat it's way out of my chest with the panic of that thought... argh!!!

mizu designs said...

I love your leaf printed textiles! Did I tell you how much your blog makes me laugh? It's just what I need some days :)

Anonymous said...

well coming from such a fine printmaker as yourself I'll take that as a supreme compliment. As for the laffter - we aim to cheer - after all, as poor as we all seem to be we are the lucky ones - we make stuff! A reason to be cheerful
Ramona